CRT's history goes back over 70 years.
The origin of CRT:
1937 Originally started as a part of Cambridge University, before the 2nd World War as: "The Low Temperature Research Station".
1945 Changed name to become: "The Refrigerated Cargo Research Council".
Had offices in Falcon's yard in central Cambridge, now Lion Yard
1962 Changed name again to become a member-based research
association called: "Shipowners Refrigerated Cargo Research
Association" 'SRCRA'. Moved to custom built premises in
1966 Built our first environmental chamber for
testing '20' containers'
1975 Built our second environmental chamber for
testing '40' containers' and 13.6m trailers.
1993 Became "Cambridge Refrigeration Technology" as the trading arm of
2001 Became Cambridge Refrigeration Technology Ltd trading as a contract-based research development and environmental test organisation with a
subscription-based information service.